Sunday, July 01, 2012

sweet angel :)

Angel #4 from Angel Procession is done!  Today was a full stitching day of backstitch... not the most exciting thing in the world, but the effect is amazing.

I'm also VERY pleased with the over-one face and hands, especially the modifications I made to the backstitching so the features are more defined.  The hands are pretty awesome, and the face will be perfect once I get that french knot on the right side to sit exactly where I want it.

Yes, I love myself. :p


I'll bounce over to angel #1 next, which is done except for wings, over-one skin, and backstitching.  You know, the three most difficult/tedious things on this project. :p

Feels nice to finish a goal on day one of the month!  And yes, I know the halo is missing, but I'll do that last because it's Kreinik braid wrapped around DMC, which sounds like a recipe for snagged threads...

3 comments:

  1. She certainly is sweet. Beautiful over one stitching, Rahenna. Kreinik braid wrapped around DMC? That does not sound like fun. Good luck with it.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angel is looking really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)