Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Etude aux Fraises - update #2

Well, I ran out of beads for my Bride's Tree ornaments, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment while I wait to get some more. Oops! But of course that doesn't mean I'm going to stop stitching. I finished the fourth part of the Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL (no pic, sorry!) and after that, I picked up Etude aux Fraises by Veronique Enginger.

I've only shown it once on the blog, so here's a comparison of the progress. :)


Not all of the progress is recent, but you get the idea. :)

And as a reminder, here's what the full project looks like:


Soooo... there's a lot of strawberries to go. Unfortunately, this is a color chart, which makes it hard to make a working copy, and the colors on the chart are so dark it's pretty much impossible to highlight my progress. I know lots of people love color charts, but I am not one of them! I need to scribble all over everything to keep my place when stitching. This is probably why I put this project down for such a long time, even though it should be very easy - only a few colors, no blends, just regular and half stitches, etc. Sigh. :(

5 comments:

  1. I don't mind color or black and white charts. Though black and white are easier to make a working copy and highlight. Usually I don't have to make a working copy unless its a super involved pattern. Lol

    I love your strawberry pattern. It will be beautiful when you finish. Maybe you can find a cheap pattern of it online that you can use as a working copy.

    Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful design, I hope you can get over your dislike of the chart and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did manage to make a partial working copy back when I still had a color printer, so I'm marking out the finished bits in black marker for now. I'll have to find a way to deal with things after I finish this portion, though! :)

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely design. I would try nake a black and white copy of the chart and use both together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way I much prefer black and white charts. It looks great

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)