Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ornament swap?

NOTE:  I've already taken on all the swaps I can manage for this year! :p

Hey, would anyone be interested in doing a holiday ornament exchange with me?  I've been wanting to do a swap for a while but I'm not sure how to find a group (plus I'm a weenie about groups).  Now that I have a few followers, maybe I can swap with one or two of you? :)

My thoughts were...

THEME:
- This would be a Christmas/holiday/winter ornament exchange.
- Please no religious-themed designs for me.
- But I can stitch an ornament for you with a Christian theme, if you like!  I don't think I have anything appropriate for other religions, though.

STITCHING & FINISHING:
- Ornaments should be stitched on evenweave/linen and finished as an... ornament. :p
- I'm NOT picky about finishing.  I don't mind if this is your very first ornament. :)
- But I'm not very good at finishing myself, so please exchange with me only if that's okay.  Of course, I'll do my best, but I don't have a lot of finishing experience.

ETC:
- Extra goodies can be included in the exchange, but it's not required. :)
- I will send extras because I'm a nut like that, but please don't feel like you have to send me anything other than the ornament!

Here are examples of ornaments I've made in the past so you can get an idea of how my finishing looks.




If you're interested, could you leave your email address in a comment so I can contact you directly? :)  If several people have already commented, please comment anyway since it's possible that an exchange may not work out, or I'll want to take on more than one or two. :D

NOTE:  I've already taken on all the swaps I can manage for this year! :p

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely in. :)

    measiwitch(at)gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested. :)

    Shana7426@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Rahenna I would love to join the swap to if you're still letting people join in, I just wanted to know if you had any idea about dates, the reason why I ask is because due to my MP, I won't be able to stitch in anything else until I finish it, which should be some time near the end of this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Xeihua! I can take on a third ornament swap too! I was thinking of a mailing date around mid-November, but it can be the end of November if that works better for you. Just want to give it enough time to arrive before Christmas so you'll have an opportunity to display it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're up for another, I'm game. :) -- There's finally a chill in the air here that's making me think Christmas might come.

    ruth
    rbehling 1916 @ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't mind doing an exchange if you are up to another, lol. If your plate is full, put me on the list for next year. :D

    ergmhbaker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)