Thursday, June 14, 2012

Iris update

QS Iris by HAED (Josephine Wall artwork) is coming along nicely!  I've done another four evenings of work on this one, Monday through tonight, and the section you see here is now 80x100 stitches, a full page.  Of course, it's not done yet, but it's getting much closer!

It feels like it's moving along pretty quickly, and somehow I find the stitching method simple.  Maybe it's because I'm cheating and only doing half stitch.  The coverage is decent but I want more on my next project, so I'm thinking about 2 or 3 strands over one on 25 count.  That's NOT happening until I finish Iris, though.  And maybe a few other things, because I'm feeling a bit nervous about having seven WIPs!


The shape of the first iris flower is showing nicely.  I'm happy with how it's progressing!  I think I'll put it aside once the weekend hits so I can get the octopus beaded and finished, and maybe come back to this.

Or maybe I should work on a sad, neglected WIP.  What's your vote?  Here's my WIP list, excluding Octopus and Iris. :)

- Angel Procession (TW)
- Butterfly Garden (TDT)
- Spring Knotgarden (Chatelaine)
- Titania (Mirabilia)
- Wisteria (magazine chart)

3 comments:

  1. It's looking lovely, Rahenna. I vote for Titania from Miribilia. I had a kit for it once, and gave it away to a friend. But I love the design. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)