Saturday, October 26, 2013

finished just in time!

Yeah!  Finally finished something, and in time for Halloween!  Unfortunately there's no way I can get it framed in time, but at least it's done while I'm still in the mood. :)


I also made my first ever order with Crafty Kitten. :)  Here's a pic of what I got:


All Belfast.
- Top row:  Aurora, Fantasy Wings
- Bottom row:  Sea Spray, Lavender Mist, Marble Pebble

They're all nice and Aurora is just as gorgeous as everyone has said!  Fast service too, I paid on the 8th and I think these arrived on the 24th - nice and fast from UK to the US!  I ended up paying about $96 (shipping included) for 3/4 of a yard of fabric.  A little on the expensive side compared to US dyers, but since the fabric has to be imported to the UK first, it's understandable.

I might pick up a few more small cuts in the future to test out the colors before ordering larger pieces, though.  The Fantasy Wings on Belfast is very different from the website pic and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it.  It's very pretty, just not my thing... I don't like yellow.  And the smaller pieces on the bottom row all have undyed white areas which I really dislike on hand dyed fabrics.  Again, these are just my personal preferences, I'm VERY happy with the service and quality of the fabrics. :)

Okay, time to go clean the house a bit. :p

Don't forget to check out and enter my giveaway!  It ends soon so don't miss out!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! Beautiful fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super cute finish..well done
    Pretty fabric
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spooky finish :) I've never heard to crafty kitten but your fabby looks wonderful!!!

    Happy Stitching

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Hallowe'en chart, I'll have to keep a lookout for this one.
    I've been a customer of Crafty Kitten for several years now and Dawn is great. She customs dyes pieces for me and will chat on the phone to discuss which piece is suitable for a design. Much easier than relying of the web photos. She even redyed a piece for me once because it wasn't quite as it looked on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE this! So Adorable & Cute! Congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and fun finish! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finish and what beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely finish an beautiful fabric

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your Halloween finish is very cool! I love the combination of all the colours. Congrats on completing such a great project. Can't wait to see it framed!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fabric! Crafy Kitten are great and Dawn is so obliging.

    Your Halloween design looks wonderful too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Halloween piece, what fun! At least you have plenty of time to get it framed in time for next year. Great fabric colours, I"m sure you have something wonderful planned for them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)