Thursday, October 17, 2013

spookiness grows!

Okay, it's not very spooky but it's VERY cute!


Also thinking about stitching for next year... I really need to work on my WIPs and reduce my stash.  Yeah, yeah, like everyone else!  But there are some ~changes~ in the air so I need to think about budgets more carefully from now on.

I was thinking of having a reward-for-finish system... super rough but something like:
- BAP finish (Chatelaine, HAED) = $25 stash money
- large finish (average Mirabilia, etc) = $15
- medium finish (Mira pixie, average Dimensions kit, etc) = $10
- small finish (ornament, tiny kit, freebies, etc) = $5

Might be too low for the larger categories and too high for smalls... I want to encourage myself to finish my big WIPs and start my big bucket list items, NOT do a bunch of smalls so I can buy crap. :p

Anyway, just a random idea and not much to it yet!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  It's a few posts back now. :)

10 comments:

  1. Love your spooky WIP :) I actually love your idea of having a rewards system. Although some would say finishing is the reward itself ;) I do think however that by doing that it will really provide you with an incentive to stay on track with a WIP and keep spending in control... something I have a HUGE problem with lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, finishing is definitely its own reward! I just need a bit of motivation to NOT spend every penny I get my hands on... my stash is insane and I need to be a little better about money next year :) Plus I'm so freaked out by having a ton of WIPs right now... eeeeep!

      Delete
  2. Love the WIP. I am thinking of next years stitching as well. Not sure what I will do, but I like the reward system idea. I don't have too many WIP, but the ones I do have are BAP, and I sure would like to get at least 1 finished next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about BAPs... I think that's why I keep starting cute little projects instead of just finishing the big ones. I like the rush of a finish wooooo :)

      I love your Cirque des Coeurs, that one's on my bucket list! Japanese Garden is gorgeous too, I thought about getting that one but I already have too many Chatelaines... :p

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of a stash reward budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I need, really. Thing is... I'll have to stick to it, and I'm not great about that.

      Maybe I'll ask for a gift card or two to a favorite ONS for the holidays... :)

      Delete
  4. Looking good!!

    Stash reward budget is interesting, nothing I ever thought of before. I don't think it would work too good for me, lol. I don't tend to have a lot of finishes lately!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, I know what you mean! Everything I've finished lately is tiny. Maybe I need to pump up the rewards for BAP finishes so I stop slacking! :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)