Monday, October 14, 2013

success and failure

Totally failed at not spending money and not starting anything new.  Sigh.  But I do have a KNITTING finish and a cute stitchy start to share!

Made these kinda crazy hand/arm warmers for my sister... I hope she likes them.  This yarn was really hard to work with and I had to use HUGE needles, but it only took two days to complete the entire project.  They came out kind of big so I hope it's okay. :/


Annnnd I started this cutie, Spooky Halloween Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  I think this is the first Halloween themed piece I've ever stitched! :o


I also made my first order with Crafty Kitten Fabrics...

Oh well, goals can be ignored as long as progress is made on SOMETHING, right?

Don't forget my giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. I love the Halloween sampler! You've made great progress already. I'm sure your sister will love her gift. They look so cosy and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Halloween sampler ..looking so pretty.
    Very cute gift for your sister ..I am sure she will love it
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gloves, what a great gift. I look forward to seeing the halloween sampler finished, its looking great. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goals are just guidelines...so it's totally cool to play outside of the lines. As Ms. Crow says "if it makes you happy it can't be that bad!" I love the crazy gloves, I'm sure sis will love them cos you made them. Looking forward to more of the Halloween sampler...I love all things Halloween.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects look great!!! I love the hand warmers, oh how I would love to learn to knit. I've tried, but I would say disaster would be an understatement, lol. I love your little Halloween project, I love all things Halloween, but I have only stitched a few myself. I need to stitch more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can knit, you can too! :D It does take a good teacher with a LOT of patience, though... I have terrible coordination, especially with my left hand, and it took a long time to get used to holding the needles and using BOTH hands. Which is weird because I can stitch two handed... I just prefer not to. :p

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)