Thursday, May 21, 2015

Angel Procession is almost... a procession :p

Okay, the speed of my progress here is kind of scary, but here's another completed angel!


That makes three angels complete, one that's about a third of the way done, one without wings, and one that pretty much doesn't exist at all. I'll probably frog that random blob of pink... I'm not sure how that got there because I know for sure I didn't put it there! But I don't think anyone from the RR would have counted out that far either. Hmm.


And the whole thing so far. Kind of concerned about how the border has been distorted on the left side, probably from being pulled in the qsnaps. I'm hoping a good wash and blocking will take care of it, but that will have to wait until the end, of course.


Wow, I really can't believe that this is way more than half finished now! There are so many horrible mistakes and lazy things on that rightmost angel, though. I used to KNOT the thread to start it. Yes, really. I don't know if it's worth trying to redo part of it since it's been that way so long and it doesn't seem to be hurting anything... except my pride. :p

Hey, cut me from ~20 years ago some slack, okay?

And the colors are just beautiful... it really is as vibrant as it looks in these pictures...

I really need to work on my Mira RR now though. For real.

6 comments:

  1. You could always try cutting the knots. Depending on where they're placed they should have enough stitching over them now to hold the thread in place. I do that when I'm far in a piece and notice the thread knotted itself on the back. It's great progress though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm feeling brave, I'll try cutting off a knot or two! It's true, the thread is probably held down pretty well by everything else around it... I just feel nervous about it though. Maybe my next post will have the results! :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful !!
    Greetings
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would leave well alone! It looks gorgeous and who is going to see the back?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great! I wonder how the pink appeared there? An angel maybe?
    Are the knots really lumpy and likely to distort the fabric when it's framed? If not then I'd leave them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)