Friday, September 18, 2015

it's a border!

Well, a border without the purple leaf things, anyway.

Really not feeling this project, though. It's my easiest WIP so it's the one I've been keeping at hand, but it's starting to wear on me. I guess I'll try doing some of the internal stitching and see how I feel about it then. But there's still so much left to do...


I dunno, it doesn't look so bad now that I see the entire thing. Finishing the border should make for good mindless stitching, since all the leaves are the same shape.

I'd really like to start something new but I was hoping to cut down the WIP list. Maybe it's time to pick up my Beaded Dragonfly Tile again...

8 comments:

  1. I really hear you on reducing the WIP list! If you pick up a really old one it might feel like a new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on keeping down the WIPs! I love the dragonfly tile imagine how great it'll feel when you finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! The Beaded Dragonfly Tile looks amazing too. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous rework on the border! It looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the border, it looks wonderful! I know the feeling when you start to lose interest on your current piece. If Beaded Dragonfly Tile is calling to you it might be worth pulling it out and at least staring at it (or stitching on it haha!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The border is gorgeous and your reworking is perfect. The border was what put me off stitching this design though. Too big and too repetitive!
    Looking forward to seeing Beaded Dragonfly if you do indeed pull that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, the border is overkill. This particular project (and the second PR mystery too!) is one of the reasons I'll never take a chance on mystery SALs or designs again. Plus the design was supposed to be exclusive to the group who bought it as a mystery, and it was put up for general sale not long after the SAL ended. :x

      Delete
  7. If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. When I'm not feeling it, it goes on the shelf. I'm just making myself miserable and sewing time is for relaxing and having fun. I know, I hate to start new things with unfinished on the mind, but sometimes you need a quick finish. If you really don't like it anymore, some ladies have been having WIP giveaways.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)