Thursday, October 19, 2017

Night - update #1 (and a small finish)

Argh, another long break between posts! I've been bouncing around between projects for a while so I didn't have much to show. An hour here and there on stuff like a Chatelaine doesn't really make for an exciting update. :p

I picked up Night by Teresa Wentzler again. This is the first time I've shown it because my start was so small it wasn't worth showing, but now there's a small chunk of border to share.


A small start, but any amount of progress on a Wentzler is good progress! Night is a project I originally started when I was in high school, and back then I started in the center and stitched most of the figure. Unfortunately, the fabric wasn't quite big enough (it fit, but barely) and my stitching was honestly terrible. I threw away that project years ago, intending to redo it once my skills were up to the task. Took me a while to get back to it, but here it is!

And since all of my current WIPs are relatively difficult stuff (Chatelaine, HAED, Wentzler, and a Dimensions kit that I'm only making because it's a gift for my FIL), I decided to work on a series of simple projects alongside them. A while back, Down Sunshine Lane had an exclusive kit from Hands on Design with a beach theme, and I had to have it. Because reasons. And I've decided that I'm not going to let an expensive kit sit in my stash forever - it's getting made ASAP.

So here's the first piece, meant to be the front of a pocket that holds a wooden corner gauge/ruler.


The chart calls for backstitching around the sand dollars, but I'm not sure if I want to do it. I'll wait until I finish stitching all the designs and then make a decision.

Oh, and I'm also trying to pick a Mira mermaid to start in November, since there's a SAL starting... not that I'll participate officially, but I'll follow along. Probably Mermaid Verde to go along with Mermaid Azure, who's been done for ages...

1 comment:

  1. Love your work on everything and I can understand restarting the TW :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)